Get Ready for Winterim 2021
Browse the Winterim Guide for information on classes and internships, including a link to the internship application.
Registration for classes on OnCampus will follow this schedule:
- Seniors: Monday, November 9th 6 PM
- Juniors: Wednesday, November 11th 6 PM
- Sophomores: Monday, November 16th 8 AM
- Freshmen: Monday, November 16th 1 PM
5 Things to Do for Winterim
- Review Winterim Guide
- Choose Classes or an Internship
- Mark your calendar for Registration date and time
- Log into Magnus and review Driving Permission Waiver (some classes will take local field trips)
- Register on your designated day or complete Internship Application (at anytime)
5 Things to Do for Internships
- Complete Internship Application by November 24th
- After Internship is approved, schedule a meeting with internship host in December to establish expectations, responsibilities and project(s)
- By December 31st, provide internship details decided upon with host to Phil Strzalka (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- January 4-15 student will keep a daily log and prepare Internship Portfolio
- By January 22nd, submit completed Internship Portfolio and Host Internship Evaluation to Phil Strzalka
Dear Wheaton Academy Parents,
Each day I continue to thank God that our students, faculty, and staff can be on campus at Wheaton Academy. Today marks the beginning of week 10, and God has certainly been faithful to Wheaton Academy this school year. We are continuing to plan and ask, “What can we do to make this a great learning experience for students during this unique year?” I want to share with you our plans for Winterim 2021.
This is the 30th year for Wheaton Academy’s Winterim program, and it is typically a highlight of the Wheaton Academy experience for many of our students. The program is an extension of the learning and curriculum that happens each day, and for these two weeks, learning takes on a whole new look. Students have opportunities to take classes and do internships to get hands-on, innovative learning opportunities. This year, we will have a full slate of class opportunities, including some classes that will allow students to earn credit for courses not typically offered during Winterim. Students will also be able to do internships, which are a graduation requirement for our freshman, sophomores, and juniors. Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we will not be offering Winterim travel opportunities this year. Click the image above to watch our Winterim information video. I believe, like me, you will be excited at the many opportunities we have for students this year.
Thank you for your continued support of Wheaton Academy – our students, faculty, and staff. We are thankful for the way that God is using this place to train disciples to live out their faith to build God’s Kingdom.