Get Ready for Winterim 2022
Winterim is January 3-14, 2022. Students have the option to pursue one of three opportunities: take two classes on campus, pursue an internship, or travel on one of the school-sponsored trips. At this time, trip applications are closed. So, students need to choose to take classes or pursue an internship.
Students who are already traveling can find more information on trips here.
Follow these four steps.
1. Browse the Winterim Course Pages
Browse the Winterim Course pages for information on AM courses and PM courses. Please note that students will be asked to select a primary option and alternate option for both AM and PM classes at the time of registration.
2. Registration Demo
Please look for an email from Student Services that will explain the registration process. Please review this historic video to understand the registration process.
3. Mark Your Calendar for Registration Day and Time
If students choose to take a class, mark your calendar for the following registration date and time (registration is completed online and at home):
- Seniors: Monday, November 8, 6:00 p.m.
- Juniors: Wednesday, November 10, 6:00 p.m.
- Sophomores: Monday, November 15, 6:00 p.m.
- Freshmen: Wednesday, November 17, 6:00 p.m.
4. Update Driving Permission Waiver in Magnus
Upon registration, please ensure that you have completed or properly updated the Driving Permission Waiver in Magnus (some classes will take local field trips).
If students choose to pursue an internship, they need to complete a four-step process.
1. Review the Internship Overview and Portfolio
Review the Internship Overview and Portfolio document to understand the objectives and expectations of an internship.
2. Research and secure an Internship Host.
If you are not able to secure an Internship Host on your own, please reach out to Mr. Strzalka, the Business & Innovation Program Director at email@example.com.
3. Submit the Internship Application
Once you secure an Internship Host, submit the Internship Application by November 24th.
4. After approval notification, register for internship through OnCampus
Upon review, you will receive an approval notification. You will then officially register for Internship through the OnCampus registration. You must register to receive credit and get it on your transcript.