New School Lunch Pre-ordering Procedures
This year, in order to allow our onsite staff and catering partners to supply school lunches that are individually packaged and served with no-touch delivery, we are transitioning to a prepaid, preordered system that is different from our past procedures in the following ways:
- Families can prepurchase lunches for a single day, multiple days, or all week.
- All lunches must be preordered and prepaid.
- Lunches will be unavailable for same-day purchase.
- Salad bar and a la carte closed until further notice.
- Lunches will be delivered to your student’s lunch hour classroom or picked up by the student at a predetermined site.
- Plan ahead: All lunch orders must be submitted by 9:00 pm Thursday for the following week of school.
If you are new to PushCoin, follow these steps to create and link your account to your student. If you are a student, you will need to link yourself to your account.
- Go to www.pushcoin.com. Use the latest internet browsers as they are the most secure.
- Sign up as a parent/guardian/student. Either click on I don’t have an account and fill out the form or use an accelerated sign-up by clicking on the Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn, or Hotmail links.
- Add your student to your PushCoin account by clicking Add student. This week, you should receive an activation code for your PushCoin account from Angie Roberts. Enter the unique PushCoin Registration Code and click Submit. If you don’t have the unique code emailed to you by PushCoin Support, click I don’t have a code.
- Information about the student should appear on the screen. Verify the information is correct and click I Confirm.
If you have multiple students, repeat steps 3-4 for each student.
Every student in PushCoin has a Wallet. You can add funds to your student’s wallet by clicking Fund Wallet and use those funds to preorder catered lunches without using your credit card or eCheck.
Set up your payment method by clicking on Accounts and then click on Add source:
- Electronic check (eCheck). The eCheck funding option is always FREE for parents and all school districts working with PushCoin.
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). There is an additional fee of 3.3% + $0.25 per transaction to use a credit or debit card. This fee is charged by the card processor (Not PushCoin). Wheaton Academy does not make any profit on this fee. The fee is in addition to the transaction amount. You will be able to see the total cost before submitting the transaction.
Purchasing Catered Lunch for the Coming Week
- If you are using PushCoin to make a payments for the first time, you will be asked to add a credit card or eCheck to your account. If you are using a credit or debit card, you will need to enter the CVV number that’s on the back of the card each time you make a payment.
- Visit https://pushcoin.wheatonacademy.org/ or log in to your PushCoin account and click WEBSTORE below your student’s photograph.
- Make your selections for each day of the following week.
- You will need to know your student’s schedule in order to place the order for lunch. You can find instructions for how to access your student’s schedule here.
- Click Checkout to go to your PushCoin account to finalize your order.
***NOTE: Families have until Thursday 9:00 pm to make lunch selections for the following week. Please plan ahead. After the deadline, no further purchases can be made for the following week. There will be no same-day purchases.
Refunds or Cancellations Due to Illness or Excused Absences
- If a student becomes ill and has been officially excused from school for the day, but has purchased a lunch, our lunch supervisor will work to refund your account. If the absence will be for an extended time, please email Ruth Lindstedt to cancel your pending orders.
- Unexcused absences or meals that are not picked up by the end of lunch will not be refunded.
Please Note: Because our menu is planned in advance, please be aware that there may be times when we need to substitute one of our vendors with another vendor due to circumstances beyond our control