We are excited that you will be joining us for Summer Academy this year and wanted to share some vital information that previews events for new students, outlines expectations, and communicates information on needed forms.
The first day of Summer Academy is Monday, June 13 and the last day is Friday, July 1.
For New Students
- All new students and families need to attend the Summer Academy Orientation at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 9 in the Atrium. The orientation will include vital information on Summer Academy, Wheaton Academy classroom culture, an introduction to Freshman teachers, and training on use of technology.
- Incoming freshman and transfers will be able to pick up their Microsoft Surfaces in the atrium of the Main Academic building on June 9, starting at 6:30 p.m. before orientation begins. The Surfaces also will be available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Main Office on Thursday, June 9 and on Friday, June 10. You will need to show an ID to pick up your surface.
- An OnCampus class will be offered to new students to help them learn to navigate our system. More details on this required mini class, which will be completed before classes start on June 13, will be communicated during the orientation.
Every new student will need to have forms filled out on the Magnus website to attend Summer Academy. You can access the Magnus Health Portal by logging into onCampus and clicking the Magnus Health logo. These forms are due by June 6th. If you have questions about them, please contact Jenn Sezonov, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The forms that must be completed by June 6th include:
- Vital Health Record
- Consent to Treat
- Parent Standards of Conduct
- Wheaton Academy Events Participation
- Student Driving/Riding Permission
- Permission for Over-the-Counter Medication
- Textbook Acquisition Requirement
- Student Driving/Riding Permission Form
For new families:
- You will receive an email from Blackbuad (check your junk mail if you don’t find it). Follow the instructions in the email.
- If you have any issues, please contact Bob Vishanoff, email@example.com.
Summer Academy Expectations
- 2 absences are allowed for extenuating circumstances
- More than 2 absences from class will be reviewed and could warrant removal from the class
- Any time a student does not attend school, the parent is responsible for notifying the school attendance line (630-562-7500, ext. 1).
If you have additional questions about attendance please contact Erin Carwell.
- Class time will be a combination of direct instruction, independent work, and small group activities
- AM Classes will start promptly at 8 AM
- PM Classes will start promptly at 1 PM
- Day-Long Science classes will start promptly at 8 AM
- Students should plan on 4 hours of engagement for AM or PM classes and 7-8 hours of engagement for the Science classes
- “Engagement” includes direct instruction, independent work, and 1-on-1 check ins or group work
- Students should plan on submitting work every day for class
- A pattern of late work could warrant removal from the class
- The timeliness policy is in effect for Summer Academy
- Students will abide by the standards of the Human Dignity Policy as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- The lunch hour will be from 12:00-1:00 p.m. each day for all classes.
- Lunch will be available daily for purchase using PushCoin.
- For new freshman and transfers, you will receive a PushCoin code to set up and fund your account the week before Summer Academy.
- Please click here for instructions regarding PushCoin.
- Students may also bring their own lunch.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with your child during Summer Academy, and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Vice Principal and Summer Academy Administrator
Erin Carwell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Academy Administrator
Luke Regan, email@example.com
Angie Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org