We are excited that you will be joining us for Summer Academy this year and wanted to share some vital information that previews events for new students, outlines expectations, and communicates information on needed forms.
The first day of Summer Academy is Thursday, June 8 and the last day is Thursday, June 29.
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
For New Students
- All new students and families need to attend the Summer Academy Orientation at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 1 in the Fine Arts Center. The orientation will include vital information on Summer Academy, Wheaton Academy classroom culture, an introduction to Freshman teachers, and training on use of technology.
- If you were unable to make the training, the recording can be found here:
- Students at Wheaton Academy have had a personal device since 2013, and this year we are excited to announce moving to a new device, the Dell Latitude 3340. The devices will be available for pickup starting at 6:30 PM on Thursday June 1st in the lobby of the FAC. They will also be available for pickup at the front office on Monday, June 5th – Wednesday, June 7th from 8 AM – 4 PM. You will need to present an ID to pick up a device.
- Instructions for Dell Device set up can be found here.
- New students will receive training on how to use the new device and OnCampus (Wheaton Academy’s learning management system) on Thursday, June 8th in class. Representative from the IT department will visit class for the training. We ask that students spend time following instructions for device setup at home prior to the first day of class.
Every new student will need to have forms filled out on the Magnus website to attend Summer Academy. You can access the Magnus Health Portal by logging into onCampus and clicking the Magnus Health logo. These forms are due by June 6th. If you have questions about them, please contact Jenn Sezonov, email@example.com.
The forms that must be completed by June 6th include:
- Vital Health Record
- Consent to Treat
- Parent Standards of Conduct
- Wheaton Academy Events Participation
- Student Driving/Riding Permission
- Permission for Over-the-Counter Medication
- Student Driving/Riding Permission Form
For new families:
- You will receive an email from Blackbuad (check your junk mail if you don’t find it). Follow the instructions in the email.
- If you have any issues, please contact Bob Vishanoff, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Academy Expectations
- 2 absences are allowed for extenuating circumstances
- More than 2 absences from class will be reviewed and could warrant removal from the class
- Any time a student does not attend school, the parent is responsible for notifying the school attendance line (630-562-7500, ext. 1).
If you have additional questions about attendance please contact Erin Carwell at email@example.com
- Class time will be a combination of direct instruction, independent work, and small group activities
- AM Classes will start promptly at 8 AM
- PM Classes will start promptly at 1 PM
- Day-Long Science classes will start promptly at 8 AM
- Students should plan on 4 hours of engagement for AM or PM classes and 7-8 hours of engagement for the Science classes
- “Engagement” includes direct instruction, independent work, and 1-on-1 check ins or group work
- Students should plan on submitting work every day for class
- A pattern of late work could warrant removal from the class
- The timeliness policy is in effect for Summer Academy
- Students will abide by the standards of the Human Dignity Policy as outlined in the Student Handbook.
On June 5th, construction begins to make way for exciting updates to our Wheaton Academy campus. Our campus will have a new, one-way traffic pattern during this season of construction: all traffic must enter campus only from Hawthorne and all traffic must exit only onto Prince Crossing. Please review the map below to use the Central Lot for Summer Academy drop-off and pick-up locations.
For more information about this new traffic pattern, parking, alternative drop-off and pick-up locations, and updates to our ongoing construction, click here.
- The lunch hour will be from 12:00-1:00 p.m. each day for all classes.
- Lunch will be available daily for purchase using PushCoin. Curious about lunch offerings? Find the menu here.
- For new freshman and transfers, you will receive a PushCoin code to set up and fund your account the week before Summer Academy.
- Please click here for instructions regarding PushCoin.
- Students may also bring their own lunch.
Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with your child during Summer Academy, and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Vice Principal and Dean of Students
Erin Carwell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Principal and Summer Academy Administrator
Brad Thornton, email@example.com
Angie Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org