Placement Test Info
We are excited to help place your student in classes that will both challenge and inspire. Class placement is a multi-step process.
The first step requires your student to take a placement test. We require all full-time students to take an English test and a Math test. We host several opportunities for students to take the placement test in-person at Wheaton Academy.
We host several opportunities for students to take the placement test in-person at Wheaton Academy.
- The English test is a two-part test, including select passages for reading comprehension analysis and a brief essay.
- The Math test is a single test that measures problem-solving abilities. This test also informs Physics placement.
- The World Language test is an optional assessment for students interested in higher level world language courses.
Now what? A member of our staff will be reaching out to your family soon to schedule this placement test date for your student.
What to Bring to Your Placement Test
The placement tests take students approximately three hours to complete. Here are a few tips to help prepare your student:
- Encourage them to not be too nervous and get a good night’s sleep.
- Please ask your student to bring several #2 pencils as the tests use scantrons.
- Students do not need to bring a calculator.
- Please bring snacks if needed.
If you have any questions or if your family needs an online proctoring option, please contact Angie Roberts
(firstname.lastname@example.org) in Student Services.