Placement Test Info
We are excited to help place your student in classes that will both challenge and inspire. Class placement is a multi-step process.
The first step requires your student to take a placement test. We require all full-time students to take an English test and a Math test. We host several opportunities for students to take the placement test in-person at Wheaton Academy.
We host several opportunities for students to take the placement test in-person at Wheaton Academy.
- The English test is a two-part test, including select passages for reading comprehension analysis and a brief essay.
- The Math test is a skill-based test that assesses proficiency. This test also informs Physics placement for freshmen and Science for transfers.
- The World Language test is an optional assessment for students who want to take Spanish II, French II, or higher. A student who has experience in Chinese will be assessed through an interview with our Chinese teacher.
Now what? Register for a Placement Test on Friday, March 1 or Saturday, April 6. REGISTER
What to Bring to Your Placement Test
The placement test take students approximately three hours to complete. Here are a few tips to help prepare your student:
- Encourage them to not be too nervous and get a good night’s sleep.
- Please ask your student to bring several #2 pencils as the tests use scantrons.
- Students do not need to bring a calculator.