March 26, 2021
March 29 – April 5
There will be no school from March 29 – April 5 due to Spring Break. The offices will be open on March 29 & 30, then closed from March 31 – April 5. There will be no WA Weekly during Spring Break. Enjoy your time away, and Happy Easter!
WA Mom’s Prayer
1:45 -2:45 pm.
All women are invited to join us for WA Mom’s prayer in room 102. Please note the following dates through the end of the school year:
April 6 – WA Prayer
April 13 – No meeting due to all school SAT testing
April 20 – WA Prayer
April 27 -WA Prayer
May 4 – Senior Prayer day – Mom’s to pray over their sons/daughters – exact time to be determined
May 11 – Luncheon with Alumni Mom’s
COVID Policy Update
We want to thank you for your cooperation and partnership with us throughout the year on the UNITE plan. We are grateful to be in person with students and look forward to a strong conclusion this year. As you know, the guidelines regarding COVID-19 are ever-changing, and we want to communicate a change in our UNITE plans and policies to you.
Recently, the CDC determined that daily symptom checks for K-12 schools are no longer recommended as part of the guidance for reopening schools. Therefore, Wheaton Academy will no longer require daily self-certification for students.
To maximize the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff, please continue to keep your student home from school in the following circumstances:
- If there has been an exposure to someone with confirmed COVID-19
- If the student or anyone in the household is being tested or waiting for test results for COVID-19
- If the student is exhibiting any symptoms
Students who need to stay home can continue to learn via our remote learning options. If you have any questions, please contact Jenn Sezonov.
COVID-19 Case Update
Over the last week, one student tested positive for COVID-19, and fifteen are currently in quarantine.
Note from Steve Bult
All parents will receive an email message on Tuesday after spring break alerting you to an opportunity to be a part of Faculty and Staff Appreciation Week coming up in late April.
Senior Cap & Gown Delivery and Class Photo
Jostens will be at Wheaton Academy on the morning of Thursday, April 22, to deliver cap & gowns, announcements, etc. Orders will be available for pick-up in the Senior Lounge from 8:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. ALL balances with Jostens must be paid in full at that time.
The senior class group photo will also be taking place after chapel on the same day, April 22. If you already have graduation regalia and did not order from Jostens, please make certain that it is in good condition and bring it to school on April 22 for the photo. If you are a member of the National Honor Society, you will receive a gold tassel and cord at the senior class group photo session.
Seniors are asked to dress professionally and neatly for the photo, including shoes – specifically:
- Women: skirt & top or dress, pants, & dress shoes
- Men: dress shirt and tie, dress pants & dress shoes
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Trott.
Senior Pictures headshots (from the shoulders up) are due today. Please send your student’s picture to email@example.com by this date. If we don’t have a picture from your student, we will take a picture and choose it for you.
The school calendar has been updated through the end of the school year. Please click here to see the online calendar with the latest events.
The WA Faculty and Staff Appreciation Team is seeking volunteers to help with the Faculty and Staff Luncheon on April 23. If you cannot volunteer in-person, there is an opportunity to show your support in other ways by donating items to be used at the luncheon or providing funds to help with purchasing supplies. Please fill out this form with your interest: Parent Volunteer and Donation Opportunity for April 23rd
Contact Information Request
As we continue to navigate the school year, we would like to collect some additional contact information from families. Specifically, we hope to gather information for grandparents and other special family friends in your student’s life. Please click here to share this information with us.
PSAT/SAT Testing Day April 13
Please click here for details regarding our PSAT/SAT testing for all freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. You will find all the information regarding test times, what students need to bring, and what time to pick them up. Please contact Gina Churchill with any questions.
SAT Update for Juniors
We want to update you regarding the upcoming SAT testing date on Tuesday, April 13. Previously, we have required Juniors to complete the SAT writing section during the Spring in-school testing date. However, this year we are making the writing section optional. We are adjusting this based on the College Board’s recent decision to no longer offer the writing section part of the SAT effective June 2021.
We are prepared to offer the writing section on April 13 if desired. Please respond to the survey link below to indicate whether you want your student to complete the SAT essay section. Please note that opting-in to take the writing section of the SAT would extend the test day slightly. Please respond by Thursday, April 8. We will not be able to accommodate changes after the 8th.
For further information regarding the pros and cons of the SAT writing section, please refer to this helpful blog
ACT/SAT Group Class
Registration for the next ACT/SAT Group Class is now open. These two college admission tests have never been more similar, so we combine our tips and strategies for both tests and teach them in one group class. The class will be taught by Kelley Severance and Cheryl Koslosky Monday nights (April 12, 19, 26, and May 3, 10, & 17) from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Wheaton Academy in Room 125. The cost is $390 for six two-hour classes. Only 15 spots are available, so don’t delay! Your payment is your registration. Register here.
Game Attendance for Warrior Volleyball Fans:
Due to COVID-19 and IHSA regulations, Wheaton Academy will adhere to the following policies for all home games:
- Two family members per player per game will be permitted to attend a game. If a student plays in both the JV and the Varsity games, we ask that the two individuals exit the gym as soon as the JV game ends to allow for our cleaning protocols. The two individuals may re-enter once the gym is sanitized.
- Every fan will be required to social distance when at games and will be required to wear masks at every game.
- Upon arrival to Wheaton Academy, fans will be certified by a member of the Athletic Department and have their temperature checked.
- We will require attendance registration for games, which must be completed at least 24 hours before game time to ensure that attendance will be counted. Please click on the links below to register to attend games:
- Varsity: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J3EN4QRb4vKNiCI90Cm9CNebB3903WoEJ4bGO1C_VYQ/edit?usp=sharing
- JV: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14rUG9yt9i0_v_XVRa2MQ__4Qx0Pz78YFdYytMXUY8Gc/edit?usp=sharing
- Home games will be either be broadcasted by WAtv or filmed by our new Hudl Focus cameras for those unable to attend home games. Links to those and away games can be found at https://athletics.wheatonacademy.org. We will do our best to keep this updated and provide Livestream links when applicable for away contests.