March 19, 2021
Visionary Family Seminar at Wheaton Academy
“Building A Spiritually Strong Family”
Saturday, March 20
Our families have been through a lot this past year. You are invited to join us, with your kids and teens, for a unique, fun, spiritual growth experience for your entire family. When was the last time you set aside time for your family to grow closer to God together? You will come away with key Scriptures and practical ways to build a spiritually strong family. All kids and teens are welcome for this interactive, upbeat, and engaging morning. This is a free event, but pre-registration is required at VisionaryFam.com/Register
March 29 – April 5
There will be no school from March 29 – April 5 due to Spring Break. The offices will be open on March 29 & 30, then closed from March 31 – April 5. Enjoy your time away, and Happy Easter!
Over the last week, no students tested positive for COVID-19, and no one is currently in quarantine.
The school calendar has been updated through the end of the school year. Please click here to see the online calendar with the latest events.
The WA Faculty and Staff Appreciation Team is seeking volunteers to help with the Faculty and Staff Luncheon on April 23. If you cannot volunteer in-person, there is an opportunity to show your support in other ways by donating items to be used at the luncheon or providing funds to help with purchasing supplies. Please fill out this form with your interest.
Senior Ads for Yearbooks
Parents, senior yearbook ads will again be available for purchase for $150 per quarter-page ad. Fees for ads will include a yearbook at no additional cost. Orders are due before spring break. If you order a senior ad, you do not need to order a yearbook through the Jostens website. You may click here for an example of what an ad should look like. Send your pictures and text to email@example.com and we will design it for you.
Senior Pictures headshots (from the shoulders up) are due Friday, March 26. Please send your student’s picture to firstname.lastname@example.org by this date. If we don’t have a picture from your student, we will take a picture and choose it for you.
Time to Order the New Yearbook
Your 2020-21 yearbook is now available for purchase at www.jostensyearbooks.com. Go to the Yearbooks dropdown to find “Buy your Yearbook,” then search Wheaton Academy to finish your purchase. They will only be for sale through the website. We do not want you to miss out on receiving a yearbook, so please order yours today! If you do not order via the Jostens link, you will be unable to receive a yearbook next fall.
Contact Information Request
As we continue to navigate the school year, we would like to collect some additional contact information from families. Specifically, we hope to gather information for grandparents and other special family friends in your student’s life. Please click here to share this information with us.
Spring Testing (PSAT/SAT/AP Information)
Please click here for information and updates on the test opportunities coming this Spring at Wheaton Academy. If you have a student in an AP class, please review the AP test dates and information carefully.
ACT/SAT Group Class
Registration for the next ACT/SAT Group Class is now open. These two college admission tests have never been more similar, so we combine our tips and strategies for both tests and teach them in one group class. The class will be taught by Kelley Severance and Cheryl Koslosky Monday nights (April 12, 19, 26, and May 3, 10, & 17) from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Wheaton Academy in Room 125. The cost is $390 for six two-hour classes. Only 15 spots are available, so don’t delay! Your payment is your registration. Register here.
Game Attendance for Warrior Volleyball Fans:
Due to COVID-19 and IHSA regulations, Wheaton Academy will adhere to the following policies for all home games:
- Two family members per player per game will be permitted to attend a game. If a student plays in both the JV and the Varsity games, we ask that the two individuals exit the gym as soon as the JV game ends to allow for our cleaning protocols. The two individuals may re-enter once the gym is sanitized.
- Every fan will be required to social distance when at games and will be required to wear masks at every game.
- Upon arrival to Wheaton Academy, fans will be certified by a member of the Athletic Department and have their temperature checked.
- We will require attendance registration for games, which must be completed at least 24 hours before game time to ensure that attendance will be counted. Please click on the links below to register to attend games:
- Varsity: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J3EN4QRb4vKNiCI90Cm9CNebB3903WoEJ4bGO1C_VYQ/edit?usp=sharing
- JV: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14rUG9yt9i0_v_XVRa2MQ__4Qx0Pz78YFdYytMXUY8Gc/edit?usp=sharing
- Home games will be either be broadcasted by WAtv or filmed by our new Hudl Focus cameras for those unable to attend home games. Links to those and away games can be found at https://athletics.wheatonacademy.org. We will do our best to keep this updated and provide Livestream links when applicable for away contests.