Hosting a Shadow: Things to Know
Thank you for hosting a shadow student today! Below are a few details for the day.
- 10:20am: If possible, leave 3rd period early, and arrive in the Admissions Office to meet your guest.
- 10:25am: Attend Chapel with your guest.
- 11:07am: Attend 4th Period with your guest.
- 11:58am: Eat Lunch with your guest – make sure you both have your lunch passes!
- 12:36pm: Drop your guest off in the Admissions Office. Make sure to thank them for coming and ask if they have any additional questions before you head to 5th period.
- Your guest will be given a Shadow Brochure to take notes and doodle in while they are here.
- It also has a page for your 4th period teacher to sign and for them to tell us about their day.
- Please remind and help them to complete this section and return it to Mrs. Burdett at the end of their visit.
- The Admissions Office will provide lunch for both you and your guest. Mrs. Burdett will give you lunch passes when you meet your guest.
- Show your guest the restroom and drinking fountain locations.
- Be on time!
- You are the only person your guest “knows”, so be attentive and don’t leave him/her alone.
- Take the time to get to know your guest! Learn about what their interests are and what makes them interested in Wheaton Academy.
- Be prepared to share why you love WA and why you believe it could be a place for them to belong.
- Introduce your guest to your friends and teachers while they are here.
- Include your guest in your conversations in the hallways, classrooms and at lunch.
- Have fun!
Mrs. Burdett & Mrs. Hogan