February 26, 2021
Returning Student Registration Night
Monday, March 1 and March 8
On Monday, March 1, and Monday, March 8, we will host the Returning Student Registration Night. Like last year, we will allow students and parents to meet with a Wheaton Academy faculty or staff member for 20 minutes to register for classes for the 2021-22 school year. In addition to registering for classes, students and parents will be able to have questions answered regarding the school’s suggestions for class registration. This night’s purpose is to ensure that students and parents feel confident with the class choices being made for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year and ensure that students maximize the many opportunities for learning at Wheaton Academy.
Time slots for registration on Monday, March 1 and Monday, March 8 will go from 1:00 – 9:00 p.m. Please sign up for registration by clicking this link: Registration Night Signups
Junior Leadership Academy
Saturday, March 6, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Project LEAD is comprised of seven teams that serve in various capacities on our campus, in our communities, and throughout the world. To be eligible for application to Project LEAD, interested juniors are required to attend the mandatory Junior Leadership Academy, designed to teach leadership principles and concepts to prepare them for being a part of Project LEAD. Due to the current limitations we have with gathering and the need for social distance, we are offering Junior Leadership Academy via Zoom to accommodate student and family schedules this year. Students should check in OnCampus for a message from Mr. Bowling and the zoom link.
Academy Theatre Winter Show
This year, the Winter Show was an opportunity for 61 students to be cast into a selection of songs from 12 different musicals. The show will be released at this link, Academy Theatre Winter Show on Livestream, at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 5, and be available until March 13. Check out this promo! WA Winter Show
Over the last week, we have had three individuals test positive for COVID-19, and there are seven people in quarantine. We have followed the same protocols, contacting those who have been in close contact with any positive individual, instructing them to quarantine at home for the appropriate time. We appreciate your continued vigilance and look forward to continuing on-campus, in-person instruction and discipleship with your support of these protocols.
Business & Innovation Program Launch
If you missed it, February 23 kicked off the launch of a new program at WA, The Business & Innovation Program. The program is designed to prepare students to be versatile, forward-thinking Christian Leaders in a rapidly changing global economy.
A few main notes for you:
1) The program is an optional path students may take as part of their WA roadmap to better equip themselves to take the lead in today’s competitive marketplace by developing core business knowledge and skills with a Christian mindset. More info: https://wheatonacademy.org/academics/business
2) One component of this program is the addition of the INCubatoredu program. This year-long program offers students an authentic, collaborative, and entrepreneurial experience that allows students to build a business from concept to a business model ending with a ‘shark-tank’ pitch at the end of the year to a live audience shark panel. INCubatoredu Overview
3) Parents and friends of WA have several opportunities to share their experiences or work with aspiring students in this program. You can express your interest in getting involved or learn more via the link. Express Interest or Make Inquiry
If you have a student interested in exploring business, innovation, or entrepreneurship, or you are a parent or friend of WA and would like to enrich students’ lives in these areas, I encourage you to check it out or inquire at WA.
Thank you for your patience with the many changes in our calendar this year, as we have made revisions based on changing circumstances and COVID guidelines. Throughout the year, we have and will continue to find ways to ask, “What can we do” for our students. The current 2020-21 school calendar is up-to-date through April 17 of this school year. Keep checking back as we will be finalizing the May calendar with many opportunities and activities and the end-of-year celebrations in the upcoming weeks.
You may access the calendar on our website by clicking here. This online calendar is always the most accurate. We want to highlight the following updates:
- Friday, March 5 – Regular school day (because there is no Spring Musical that day now)
- Friday, March 19 – Off-Campus Learning Day
Enrollment Contract & Deposit for 2021-2022
If you haven’t completed the re-enrollment contract in Magnus yet, we do need your immediate attention to sign it if you intend to return to Wheaton Academy next year. The Enrollment Contract is available for review and signature via your Magnus account now, and it is due by or before February 28, 2021. Please download the contract, sign, then upload via Magnus. All families who have completed the enrollment contract will be billed the re-enrollment deposit of $175 to your Smart Tuition account on March 1, which will be due within 25 days to continue your student’s enrollment next Academic year (late fees will apply). This re-enrollment deposit payment will be applied to the 2021-2022 tuition bill. (Please include the Smart Tuition ID number from the invoice when remitting payment outside of your Smart Tuition account.)
If you choose to opt-out for the 2021-2022 academic year, please contact Patrick Brooke, our Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sheri Guarnizo, Finance & Accounts Receivable Coordinator email@example.com in the Wheaton Academy Business Office in writing no later than February 28, 2021, to avoid being billed the re-enrollment deposit. Re-enrollment deposits are non-refundable, so should you notify us of your student’s withdrawal for the 2021-2022 academic year after February 28, 2021, the re-enrollment deposit payment will be applied to your final month’s tuition bill for the current academic year.
Please, if you have any questions, please contact Patrick Brooke or Sheri Guarnizo.
Visionary Family Seminar at Wheaton Academy Presents
“Helping Your Teenager Walk with God”
Saturday, February 27
The teen years are vitally important for your son or daughter’s spiritual life. Most teens experience dramatic ups and downs in their faith and relationship with God. Your student needs a spiritual connection with you more than ever before. Whether your student is spiritually thriving or struggling, this seminar with Dr. Rob Rienow will encourage you. You will be equipped with key Scriptures and practical ways to build a stronger relationship with your teen so you can help them follow Jesus. Register for this free event at www.VisionaryFam.com/Register.
Wheaton Academy softball will be holding a meeting next Wednesday, March 3, at 11:15 a.m. in the Warrior Room during Lunch. Any students interested in joining the team should plan to attend. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game Attendance for Warrior Fans
Due to COVID-19 and IHSA regulations, Wheaton Academy will adhere to the following policies for all home games:
- Two family members per player per game will be permitted to attend a game. If a student plays in both the JV and the Varsity games, we ask that the two individuals exit the gym as soon as the JV game ends to allow for our cleaning protocols. The two individuals may re-enter once the gym is sanitized.
- Every fan will be required to social distance when at games and will be required to wear masks at every game.
- Upon arrival to Wheaton Academy, fans will be certified by a member of the Athletic Department and have their temperature checked.
- We will require attendance registration for games, which must be completed at least 24 hours before game time to ensure that attendance will be counted. Please click on the links below to register to attend games:
Boys Games (Varsity)
Boys Games (Soph)
Boys Games (Fresh)
- The games will be either be broadcasted by WATV or filmed by our new Hudl Focus cameras for those unable to attend home games. Links to those and away games can be found at https://athletics.wheatonacademy.org/sports/womens-basketball/schedule. We will do our best to keep this updated and provide Livestream links when applicable for away contests.