December 30, 2020
Holiday Office Hours and WA Weekly Schedule
Happy New Year! The offices will be closed from December 31-January 1. We look forward to returning on January 4 for Winterim.
Monday, January 4 – Friday, January 15
8:00-11:00 a.m. – Morning Courses
11:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Afternoon Courses
Winterim classes begin on Monday, January 4. Students may see which courses they are taking in OnCampus. The lunch menu is available to view and place orders. We will continue lunch delivery as in first semester and deliver lunches at the end of your student’s morning class. Please order lunch by the Thursday before each week of Winterim. You may find your student’s AM classroom location in OnCampus.
Winterim Communication for Parents and Students
We trust you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. As we prepare for an in-person Winterim this year, we have just a few reminders:
- We will continue to follow our UNITE plan and work together to ensure all students and faculty wear masks while in the building at school and maintain physical distance. Thank you in advance for your continued support and vigilance with these efforts.
- Please continue to complete the self-certification each morning in Magnus by 7:45 a.m. We ask that if students are not feeling well, you keep them home.
- Students who will be off-campus doing internships do not need to self-certify each day. However, if they are on campus for any activities, they need to self-certify by 7:45 a.m.
Schedule and Absences
- Morning classes are from 8:00 – 11:00 a.m. Students will continue to follow our lunch procedures from first semester, and we ask that they are especially conscious of distancing while eating. The afternoon classes are from 11:45 a.m. – 2:45 pm.
- Winterim students who are absent will not join via zoom due to the nature of many of the classes. If a student needs to be absent for more than one or two days, please contact Erin Carwell to make other arrangements.
- What we do outside of school impacts what happens in school, so we thank you for your efforts to help us remain in-person at Wheaton Academy. If your student may have been exposed during the break due to travel or gatherings, we ask you to consider remaining home to monitor if any symptoms should arise.
Please join us in praying for our students as they intern and participate in class experiences these next two weeks. We are excited to see what God will do in and through our students. We are excited for a great Winterim experience and are so grateful for your continued support for Wheaton Academy and our students this year.
Substitute Teacher Openings
Wheaton Academy is accepting applications for substitute teachers. If you feel called to explore how you may be able to support in-person instruction, please complete the substitute teacher application or contact Betsey Doebler, Human Resources Manager, for more information.
First Semester Recap
Please click here to view highlights from our first semester at Wheaton Academy.
Second Semester Opt-In for Virtual Learning
As we plan for second semester, if you would like to register your student for Session #1 of virtual learning, please complete this form. Session #1 will run from January 20 – February 26. If you have any questions, please contact Erin Carwell.
You can make an impact while you Christmas shop online. Simply go to smile.amazon.com/ch/36-2388793, and AmazonSmile will donate to Wheaton Academy at no cost to you.
Will You Help us Finish the Year Strong?
Did you know that for the 2020-2021 academic year, Wheaton Academy was able to provide over $2M in financial assistance to our families? This would not be possible, however, without the generosity of our faithful supporters. Would you please help us finish the year strong by prayerfully considering an end-of-year financial gift? Your gift on behalf of our mission directly impacts our students as they are molded and shaped into young men and women who understand every discipline in light of the truth of the Gospel. Thank you for partnering with us in our mission as the Lord leads you. Click here to provide a gift.
The Wheaton Academy, 2021-2022 need-based scholarship application is now open. To be considered for these scholarships, applicants must complete the online application by January 31, 2021. For more details and/or to complete the online application, visit https://wheatonacademy.org/affordable.
Timeshares for Teachers 2020-2021
Wheaton Academy is once again seeking vacation opportunities to be used by our Living Curriculum Teachers. If you have a timeshare, a privately-owned vacation home, vacation packages, or airline miles and would like to participate in this program, please click here for more information. To fill out an online form, please click here. Questions? Email Chelsea Schillinger or call 630-562-7520.
Time to Order the New Yearbook
Your 2020-21 yearbook is now available for purchase at www.jostensyearbooks.com. Go to the Yearbooks dropdown to find “Buy your Yearbook,” then search Wheaton Academy to finish your purchase. They will only be for sale through the website. We do not want you to miss out on receiving a yearbook, so please order yours today! If you do not order via the Jostens link, you will be unable to receive a yearbook next fall.
Senior Ads for Yearbooks
Parents, senior yearbook ads will again be available for purchase for $150 per quarter-page ad. Fees for ads will include a yearbook at no additional cost. Orders are due before spring break. If you order a senior ad, you do not need to order a yearbook through the Jostens website. You may click here for an example of what an ad should look like. Send your pictures and text to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will design it for you.
Registration for the ACT/SAT Group Class is now open! These two college admission tests have never been more similar, so we are combining our tips and strategies for both tests and teaching them in one group class. The class will be taught by Kelley Severance and Cheryl Koslosky Monday nights (1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8) from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Wheaton Academy in Room 125. The cost is $390 for six two-hour classes. Only 15 spots are available, so don’t delay! (Your payment is your registration.) Register at wa-institute.org/payment.