Register Now: February 16, 2023
We are thrilled to welcome your student to Wheaton Academy as a member of the Class of 2027 and want to personally invite you to our Student Showcase Event! We have designed this night to explain to parents the onboarding process for your incoming freshman. We will provide an overview of our vision for your student’s freshman year, practical tips for you to consider, and immediate next steps for your family to take, including class placement and registration.
Questions we will answer at this event:
- How will Wheaton Academy help my student connect with other freshmen? How will the school help my student transition into high school?
- How can parents partner with Wheaton Academy to make sure freshman students start well?
- How does Wheaton Academy use the placement test to customize student schedules? When does my student take the placement test?
- What elective courses are available to freshmen? What is a common freshman schedule? How can our family maximize course offerings each year? How does Wheaton Academy support my student in this course selection process?
Student Showcase Check-In
Starting Well 101: A snapshot of a freshman schedule
- Session 1: Curriculum options and our approach to classes
- Session 2: Cultivating a school community where freshmen can thrive
Preparing for Next Steps
Optional breakout sessions on maximizing specific programs
- MASTER program and classes
- Fine Arts program and classes
- Athletic programs and classes
- Financial Aid/Admissions