We are excited to host your freshman student on campus for LAUNCH on Tuesday, August 23. This day is designed to help your freshman student start well at Wheaton Academy as we discuss details for the first day of school, jump-start their mentorship with Project IX seniors, and establish friendships with their peers. Freshman students may pick up their books after this event OR parents may pick up their students’ books starting at noon, while their student is still participating in LAUNCH. Book pick-up is located in the Commons of the Academic Building.
Please RSVP for LAUNCH by August 12th. For more information related to LAUNCH and to sign up, CLICK HERE!
Parents: Our Parent Ambassador team is hosting a casual time to get-together with other freshman parents from 1:30-3:00pm during the LAUNCH event. Join us if you’d like to come and meet other freshman parents.
We wanted to give you of a few details to help run as smoothly as possible:
- Freshman drop off begins at 9:30am in the Fine Arts Center.
- Please note that students will be outdoors for most of the day. Sunscreen may be wise. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to tie dye, so please dress accordingly. No smocks are needed—perhaps avoid wearing a favorite shirt.
- On the day of LAUNCH, we suggest students wear comfortable clothes–t-shirts, shorts, shoes, etc. as we will be both indoors and outdoors. The dress code for the day is more casual than the school day expectations.
- NOTE: Freshman parents who “opted in” to the book program at Wheaton Academy are welcome to pick up their students’ books from 12:00-4:00p.m. on Tuesday, August 23rd in the Commons of the Academic Building.
- We ask that parents park in a lot and communicate with students to meet at the parked car in order to keep the traffic flow moving.
- Students who did not opt-in and request a tour on the RSVP survey will be ready for pick-up around 2:00 pm in the Fine Arts Center.
- Students who did opt-in and request a tour on the RSVP survey will be ready for pick-up around 3:00 pm in the Fine Arts Center lawn.
As we look ahead to the 2022-2023 school year, we are excited to offer our Sophomore class the opportunity to join his or her classmates on an overnight retreat before the start of the new school year! This year, we are hosting the Sophomore class at Lake Geneva Youth Camp in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin from Sunday, August 21 – Monday, August 22. We will be departing from and returning to Wheaton Academy’s campus. Transportation will be provided.
Please RSVP for this Retreat by Friday, August 12 – CLICK HERE TO RSVP
This retreat is designed to help the Sophomore class build community with one another, hear from Faculty members, and participate in fun recreational activities, all to prepare for the new school year and bond as a class.
Students will meet in the Fine Arts Center on Wheaton Academy’s campus at 2 pm on Sunday, August 21 and will return by 5:00 pm on Monday, August 22. During our time at Lake Geneva Youth Camp, we look forward to hosting faculty-led sessions, as well as free time to explore the camp offerings: Zip Line, Giant Swing, Sand Volleyball, and a campfire to name a few.
Sleep accommodations will be cabin-style buildings, with bunk beds. Students should plan on bringing bed sheets/sleeping bag, pillow, and towels. All meals will be provided at the camp. A coffee shop is available on site for those students interested in purchasing any additional snacks and beverages while we are there.
*There will be no athletic conflicts on that Monday to ensure all interested students are able to attend.*
NOTE: Sophomore parents who “opted in” to the book program at Wheaton Academy are welcome to pick up their students’ books on Monday, August 22 in the Commons of the Academic Building from 2:00 pm-6:00 pm.
Sophomore Retreat Itinerary
Sunday, August 21
2pm- Meet at School–Fine Arts Center
3pm- Buses Depart (Front Circle)
5pm- Dinner in Dining Hall
6pm- Move belongings to cabins/setup bunks
7pm- Meet in Chapel
7:30-9:30pm Team-competition games and Campfire w/s’mores rotation
9:30pm- Meet in Chapel for Ice Cream and Info
10:30pm- In Cabins/Lights Out
Monday, August 22
8am- Breakfast in Dining Hall and then back to cabins to pack up/clean up
9am- Luggage loaded onto WA buses
9:30-10:45am- Everyone meet in Chapel for Talk and Breakout Groups
11a-12pm Photo Scavenger Hunt
12pm- Lunch in Dining Hall
1-3pm- Giant Swing, Zipline, and other Camp Activities
3pm- Load Buses/Depart Camp
5:00pm- Arrival at Wheaton Academy
Clothes for one-day stay:
Clothes for outdoor activities: warm and cool
Overnight wear (modest)
Sweatshirt/fleece or jacket for evening
Good walking shoes—Please do not wear flip-flops unless for inside cabins at night.
Spending Money for Snack Shops (if interested)
All meals and snacks are provided. Students may bring snacks for the bus and cabins. However, because we are a nut free school, no nut related items are allowed during the trip.